So far we’ve spent time taking accountability for our current lives, imagining our future and then believing we’re worthy of it. The final (and dare I say most important) step to changing your life is this: take action now.
I’m lucky enough to be married to a beautiful man who reminds me every day of the power of action. He is a doing man — if I’m 20% doing and 80% being, then he’s 80% doing and 20% being. He just does things.
Now, I don’t mean ‘doing’ just for the sake of it. I mean taking that whisper that comes from deep inside your stomach and putting it out in the world through action. This is one of the most important things I believe a person can do with their lives and one of the greatest marks I believe someone can leave on the world.
The most beautiful thing about this process is this: by stepping into your own power and taking action to change your life, you automatically give permission for others to do the same.
The first three steps to changing your life mean nothing without actually taking action.
And taking action is much easier than you think.
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Take the one life change that lasted several weeks from your intentional imagining sessions.
- Make a plan to bring it into action.
- Take the first step on that plan.
- Listen to what works for you and what doesn’t.
- Pivot a little. Your life change will never go to plan, so continue to simply move in the direction of the energy of the change rather than the actual plan itself.
- Act again.
Then continue to follow that sequence: act, listen, pivot, act again.
Eventually, if you continue to take baby steps day after day, you’ll wake up one day and your life will be entirely different.